We are Social Entrepreneurs*. We recognize many of the problems in society and in the world and are using entrepreneurial principles along with our principle based business model to develop positive solutions for them.
In order to be most effective and have the biggest impact and help the most people, we believe that we have to play in the “big game” for profit businesses and business entities. That is where the toughest competition is and where the greatest challenges lie and in order to compete, being good isn’t enough ….. we intend to be “great.”
In order for us to compete and to profit and to become leaders, it starts with our structure and our foundation. Perhaps the single most critical element that dictates and influences all of us is money, how it is used, what it is used for and by who is calling the shots. Money can be a great healer and it can also be a great corruptor. That is the reason that we have designed CLP inc around principles and parameters, to stay on course and withstand the pressures and the influences of money.
Vision & Mission
Our vision is to develop a network of people world wide dedicated to making positive changes for the people of the world and the environment we live in. The vehicle we will use is private, for profit interconnected businesses and business entities.
Our mission is to develop these interconnected businesses and business entities using our principle based business model to create sustainable growth by engaging and empowering the “our greatest source of renewable energy ….. people.”
The 80-20 Rule is also known as the Pareto principle, the law of the vital few and the principle of factor sparcity. It states that for many events, 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes. It was named after Italian economist Vilfredo Pareto, who observed that 80% of income in Italy went to 20% of the population. It is commonly used in many business applications, and we apply this principle to many of the perspectives we are working with.
Using the 80-20 Rule, generally speaking, 20% of the worlds population controls 80% of the worlds wealth. That means 20% of the people, those with the money and the power are making decisions for the rest of us and we have to trust them to make good decisions. That does not always happen. When money and power are involved, vision can be clouded and the biggest losers often times are the people that can least afford it.A key component of our business model is to design a structure and a culture that shifts ownership of these entities to be more balanced between all the stakeholders.
Multiple Income Streams
The concept of multiple income streams is a wealth building strategy for many people that spreads the diversity of income sources as well as the risks by operating in different industries and fields. During economic downturns like we are experiencing right now, if your only source of income is tied to one industry such as the auto industry or the commercial real estate industry, you could be experiencing some serious economic problems. Designing diversification into our business growth is a way to avoid relying too heavily on a particular industry and getting caught during businesses downturns.
We are designed to be a dynamic growth company. It is designed to grow in many directions as we interconnect various businesses to expand through our business model and with our core competencies. We will grow as fast as we have the people and resources to grow with while staying true to our Core Ideology. This process involves designing and building different businesses and business ventures, each with its own income stream and set of ownerships, all structured basically the same. Every entity will be designed using the parameters and principles of our business model from the structure through the business & marketing plans to the staffing. The most critical component of each entity is getting the right people on the team in the right position. Profitability is a given, it is the fuel that feeds our efforts.
Design & Structural Principles
- Private Company – to avoid the money, the influence and the game played by Wall Street and the Government as well as people and groups of people with lots of money just looking for control.
- Limited Stock ownership – to prevent people or entities with money and power from gaining control of the company and changing the course – “Core Ideology.”
- To set a permanent course, “Core Ideology” that can never be changed, only refined and enhanced.
- Built to last – this is not a company to be “flipped” only to be strengthened and to expand.
- Sustainable – continually adjusting to the constant of “change” while always striving for excellence.
- Integral Vision – a more inclusive way of looking at things approaching our projects.
- Culture – we ask three things of members 1) Believe in our Core Ideology, 2) Respect for People, 3) Positive Attitude – our slogan “Always A Positive Vibration.”
- Debt Free – although we are not there yet, being debt free will enable us to grow and prosper at our speed and not be dictated by money and power.
- Multiple Income Streams – We have three sources of investment capital, 1) Investors, 2) Profits from our businesses and ventures, 3) Our Membership Network.
- Belief in the power of the “Human Spirit” the worlds greatest source of renewable energy.
- Adherence to our Business Model – each entity or venture is designed and structured with the same fundamental principles for success and profitability.
Chuck Platt My name is Charles L. Platt (CLP, inc.), Billings, Montana. I was the oldest of four children. My father was a college professor and my mother was a registered nurse. Although I never followed in the educational footsteps of my parents, I have a huge respect for education and for the values my parents presented me with as a child. My parents lived in Billings for 8 years and left for California in 1966 – I stayed. In 1967 I married Janet Cline. We have three children Nicole, Kristine and Jonathan, and three grandchildren, Israel, Isaiah and Winston and we celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary in 2009.
I am an entrepreneur and I have a thirst for learning and love putting things together to make them work. I have been educated and inspired by the two professions that I have spent my life in. The first 11 years of my marriage, I worked in my wife’s family owned industrial laundry/linen service business. I worked all aspects of the business including sales, service, production and the last 3 ½ years as the general manager. During this time, among other things, I learned management and human relation skills in a service industry and I developed a deep respect for working class people.
My second career is real estate which began in 1980. I operate under CLP inc which was incorporated in 1993. My experience during my years in real estate includes: residential sales, commercial sales & leasing, business and hospitality sales (bars, restaurants & casinos), management of property & businesses, real estate development of residential and commercial land, new home construction, residential and commercial townhouse/condo projects, affordable housing and business development. MySpace Facebook Linkedin YouTube Twitter
Strategic Alliances & Advisors
Strategy Consulting Group - Dr. Bharat K. (BK) Parekh
Solomon Bruce Consulting – Dr. Joe Michels www.solomonbruce.com
Anderson Management – Brad Anderson www.andersonmgt.com
Authentic Imaging – Philip Agyeman-Budu www.authenticimaging.com
Homesite Designers – James Kordonoy www.homesitedesigners.com
Davis Consulting – Dale Davis
Out in the Cold Productions – Jim Abel http://oitc.tv/about.html
Cynthia Hutchinson – LCPC
Sanderson Stewart Engineering – Bob Sanderson www.sandersonstewart.com
On-line Marketing Resources
Mike Dillard – Magnetic Sponsoring Founder
Mike Klingler – Renegade Marketing/University
Ann Steig – Renegade Marketing/University
Perry Marshall – Perry Marshall & Associates
Jay Kubassek – Carbon Copy Pro Co-Founder
Aaron Parkinson – Carbon Copy Pro Co-Founder
Ken Evoy – SBI Site Build It Founder
Norbert Orlowitz – MLM Lead System Pro Co-Founder
Brian Finale – MLM Lead System Pro Co-Founder
Seth Godin – Squidoo - Founder & Tribes (author)
Karl Bessey – Wealth Masters International Co-Founder
Kip Herriage – Wealth Masters International Co-Founder
Social Entrepreneurial Sites
* From Wikipedia “A social entrepreneur is someone who recognizes a social problem and uses entrepreneurial principles to organize, create, and manage a venture to make social change. Whereas a business entrepreneur typically measures performance in profit and return, a social entrepreneur assesses success in terms of the impact s/he has on society.”